Microwave Link Installation
Microwave link installation is performed by DragonWave qualified and certified crews. Crews can be scaled to meet the build-out market demand and project schedule. All resources within a crew adhere to all local safety laws and carry safety certifications.
Microwave link installation includes:
- Rooftop, tower or monopole locations through use of riggers (crane, bucket extra)
- Installation of dish antenna on existing antenna mast
- Installation of ODUs and IDUs as per link design
- Running, labeling and securing of required cables (Cat5e, IF, fiber, power)
- Termination of connectors at ODU and IDU ends, with assurance of connectivity, strain relief, taped/waterproofed/tie wrapped.
- Installation of grounding cable
- Installation of DC power cable from customer provided power source and breakers
- Validation of correct power and grounding of system
- Validation all of cables through cable testers
- Confirmation of installation quality through established punch-list
- Detailed photographs of installation
- Comprehensive MOP – outlining installation procedures and configuration details
- Upgrades from 1+0 to 2+0, capacity upgrades etc., DragonWave will construct a comprehensive MOP, obtain diagnostics prior and post services work delivered in the Close out Package (COP)
- Line of Sight, Site, construction and link configuration documentation provided
- Construction is complete prior to crew arrival, site ready for microwave installation
- Cable conduit (run) is open and easily accessible (closed conduits are not included)
- Site access is granted, available, provided by customer or their representative
Link Alignment and Testing
After microwave link installation, DragonWave certified resources perform microwave link alignment and testing.
The link alignment and testing service includes:
- Precise alignment of antennae at both ends of the link
- Any final radio configurations as required
- Validation of traffic continuity of the link at the link designed throughput speeds
- Measurement of latency and throughput values using standard RFC tests
- 1 (one) hour Bit Error Rate test to confirm error-free traffic for the link between link demark endpoints (RJ45 connector terminating at local switch or BTS)
- Completion of Acceptance Test Plan
- Site access is granted and available
- Connectivity of microwave link demarcation end points into, or configuration/management of customer owned site switch or BTS beyond scope of service
Close Out Package
With the completion of each microwave link installation, DragonWave provides a complete Closeout Package (COP) which includes as a minimum:
- Marked up (customer supplied) construction documentation showing “as-built” for each site
- Microwave test results as output from link testing (RFC, BER)
- Radio configuration and diagnostic files, including RF actuals vs. RF design parameters
- Photos of complete installation – cabinet, lines, tower etc.
- Site coordinate information
- Serial numbers of each product deployed
Microwave Link Decommissioning
Microwave link decommissioning is performed by DragonWave qualified and certified crews. Crews with remove existing legacy equipment and dispose in accordance by customer or in an environmentally conscience manner.