DragonWave Network Planning Training
DragonWave Network Planning Course
- 1-day session targeted at individuals responsible for designing DragonWave Harmony networks. Primarily aimed at RF Engineers, Network Planners, and Sales Engineers.
- Maximum capacity of 10 students.
- Familiarity of MW/RF design, limited knowledge of Pathloss 5.0 or other RF engineering tools
- Course content:
- High level product overview of Harmony or Horizon products
- Microwave Link Engineering: path clearance, line of sight, typical microwave models
- Network design, Ethernet networking, network architecture options, redundancy, traffic considerations, frequency selection and trade-offs, FCC licensing process
- Site development considerations: Fiber POP planning, site selection, twist and sway calculations, Ring vs Remote sites
- Capacity Engineering, Network Engineering, Service availability, Microwave design deliverables
- Pathloss familiarity
- Advanced Network Planning Criteria: OFDM, TDD, MIMO, Frequency Planning and Interference Analysis
- Includes hands-on component if students have a working copy of Pathloss 5.0 on their laptop and a knowledge test at the end of the session.