Pseudowire Access Gateway
With the Fusion A10, service providers can convert any packet access network (Carrier Ethernet, broadband wireless, cable HFC, xDSL, PON, etc.) into a full-service alternative to TDM access and Layer 2 services, such as Frame-Relay, ATM and HDLC.
- Mobile service providers can significantly reduce their operational expenses by replacing costly leased line access and avoiding multiple overlay networks.
- Wireline service providers are able to preserve customer revenue from traditional services while migrating to next generation networks.
- Carrier Ethernet service providers gain immediate new revenue opportunities by offering profitable traditional services such as T1/E1 private line and PBX voice backhaul, as well as advanced Ethernet services.
Key Benefits and Features
- IETF PWE3-based capabilities – Circuit Emulation Service (CES), ATM, FR and HDLC
- Industry-leading CES with enhanced jitter management
- High Precision Clock Recovery (HPCR®) – the industry’s most robust adaptive clock recovery technology
- Extensive Ethernet capabilities – port-based VLAN tagging and switching and Ethernet OAM
- Advanced QoS mechanisms – port-based rate limiting, DiffServ and Ethernet VLAN 802.1Q/P
- Extended temperature range
- Optional field replaceable, redundant power supply
- Seamless interoperability with all generations of mobile wireless base stations
- Remote management capabilities through DragonWave’s CLI and DragonVision NMS
- 2G / 3G / 4G mobile backhaul
- T1/E1 circuit emulation for TDM leased-line replacement
- PBX-to-PSTN backhaul and PBX-to-PBX (tie-line) connectivity
- ATM Services including ATM IMA
- HDLC virtual leased lines for X.25/SNA/IPX transport