Pseudowire Access Gateway
The DragonWave Fusion A1 is a customer-located pseudowire access device designed to enable cost-effective voice and data integration over packet-based access networks, such as Carrier Ethernet, cable HFC, xDSL, EPON/GPON, WiMAX, and IP.
The A1 allows service providers to rapidly open up new revenue opportunities by enabling profitable legacy voice and data services, such as T1/E1 private line, as well as advanced Ethernet capabilities over next-generation packet-based access networks using a single, standards-based, pseudowire access device.
Key Benefits and Features
- IETF PWE3-based capabilities – Circuit Emulation Service (CES), FR and HDLC
- Industry-leading CES with enhanced jitter management
- High Precision Clock Recovery (HPCR®) – the industry’s most robust adaptive clock recovery technology
- VLAN tagging and switching
- Advanced QoS mechanisms – port-based rate limiting, DiffServ and Ethernet VLAN 802.1q/p
- Seamless interoperability with all existing CPEs, including PABXs, FRADs, IADs, switches, and routers
- Remote management capabilities through DragonWave’s CLI and DragonVision NMS
- GSM/UMTS and CDMAone/CDMA2000 backhaul over packet-based RAN
- T1/E1 circuit emulation for TDM leased-line replacement
- PBX-to-PSTN backhaul and PBX-to-PBX (tie-line) connectivity
- Frame Relay service delivery and interworking
- HDLC virtual leased lines for X.25/SNA/IPX/FR